Our Premises Liability team represents landowners; retailers; restaurants; businesses; government entities; landlords; management, maintenance and security companies; and their insurance carriers, in claims and lawsuits brought by individuals and groups alleging injury and other damages.
Consulting with a member of our team immediately following an accident helps preserve information and evidence that may be critical to the defense of a claim. We consult with a number of well-credentialed accident reconstruction engineers and industry experts whose technical knowledge can be critically important in the early phases of an investigation. We have established partnerships that enable us to pull a team together to investigate most accidents within 24 hours, anywhere in the state. Following an investigation, we will assess the case and develop a strategy that prioritizes your objectives.
Our Premises team has significant experience representing clients in claims involving:
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Falling and/or dangerous retail displays
- Food poisoning and/or foreign substance claims
- Inadequate security
- Inadequate maintenance and/or repairs
- Injuries from other dangerous conditions
We’re not just there for our clients after an accident happens. It’s our job to help clients avoid accidents on their property altogether. Our team counsels clients on the sufficiency and placement of warning signs, drafts liability waivers and releases, and promotes other proactive measures to help limit liability when a premises accident occurs.
Our goals are to:
- Deliver practical, proactive legal advice;
- Focus on limiting the cost and expense of a premises liability claim from the moment we open a file;
- Use proven negotiation strategies to promptly resolve high-exposure cases, when settlement is our client’s primary objective; and,
- Aggressively defend clients in all of North Carolina’s state and federal courts.